- mighty pen and napoleon ruler… here is a video on that http://www.engadget.com/2013/
05/06/ adobe-announces-projects-mighty -and-napoleon/
- photoshop cc and ipad (cloud based) de blurr (camera shake) function
- illustrator cc touch type, this is more for the graphic related functions.. but be amazed…
- for us color fans; also notable a future kuler app that allows you to pick. create color palettes in the world around you via app on phone/ photo to sync to cloud ready to work with your favorite adobe software.
- there are also new illustrator bitmap enabled brushes that will be very helpful. but i am even more excited about the fact that illustrator will now give you several automatically created options for corner tiles, you can preview them and use them right away with your brushes.. for example on chains or complex stitching…
as every year I am going to adobe max next week. one of the courses i am really looking forward to is called: ” the power of pattern: how to create & communicate through patterns”. the creators of patternpeople, which is a very inspiring and informative website, are offering this course. they asked us to send them 2 (maybe 3) black and white “seeds”. they are then going to show us how to make patterns with them.
from pizza slice to full mandala in minutes. here are some visuals of what was happening during our live session tonight. i just finished teaching the master textile design creativity track and couldn’t stop looking at this mandala and had to share.
one hardly used feature in illustrator is the polar grid tool, but oh how much fun it can become.
i use the polar grid tool to create a small slice of creativity.
i then use the rotate tool to fill the entire circle with the creative slices.. mandala bliss.
this is the final result of the pizza becoming a mandala and then a repeat tossed together by the new illustrator cs6 pattern tool.
i hope this inspired you a bit to play with the polar grid tool, please let me know if it did?
2013 means more hands on creativity outside of the computer. to me anyways. i have spent the last several years freelancing and teaching and editing.. like a lot… it’s time to bring color back onto this blog.. i am constantly surrounded by it and i am going to share it more
it had been quite a while since i used water color, thanks to katie rogers’ class over at paper fashion i finally picked up my brushes again and doodled my fashion illustration that is based on my inspiration ( pinterest). Read more