When:June 13th, 2019
Where: FIDM-Campus L.A. (Address: 919 So. Grand Ave. 90015 Room: TBD)
Time: 6:30pm - 9:00pm (PST) (2 1/2h total)
Cost: Alumni $35 and $45 Guests.
Parking is located at FIDM or surrounding parking lots.
InDesign is a powerful program to create and publish printed books, brochures, digital magazines, iPad apps, and interactive online documents.
In this hands-on workshop, you will create a professional layout by using one of several templates that will be provided for you.
Once you complete the workshop you can apply the same techniques learned to create free e-books to build an email list, workshop handouts, or as e-zines.
Learn to set up the workspace and get comfortable in Adobe InDesign. Ludmila will provide you with templates, tools, and resources to take with you and continue practicing at home.
This workshop is one part lecture and one part hands-on experimentation.
Here is what we will cover during our workshop:
- Learn to customize the work-space to make it fit your needs. Get comfortable with the sometimes overwhelming choices by narrowing it down to what you need.
- Create a library of assets (fonts, colors, images) to use in your layout, to create a branded and consistent look.
- Learn where to find royalty free and professional images that can be used in your work.
- Edit template pages to your liking. Experiment with different layouts, page numbering, fonts, styling of the images, and color palettes.
- Export your work as a pdf (e-zines, book) that can be shared right away.
If you would like to be added to the waiting list, please send me an email Ludmilaa (at)Fashionchalkboard.com and indicate whether you would be able to bring a laptop or would like to use the computers on hand.